2021 NATIONAL CULTURAL DIVERSITY ONLINE SUMMIT
Cultural Diversity and the Legal Profession: Towards a More Inclusive Future
Date: Saturday 18 September 2021
Time: The Summit begins at midday (AEST), with a series of sessions throughout the afternoon, to conclude around 4:00 PM.
Registration: Registration is essential and is free for all people in Australia and across the world. To receive your personalised CVENT registration, you must register.
The Summit key note speakers include:
- The Hon Diana Bryant AO QC, AALA National Patron and former Chief Justice of the Family Court of Australia
- The Rt Hon Lord Justice Rabinder Singh, Court of Appeal of England and Wales
- The Hon Lisa Singh, Director, Australia India Institute, former Australian Senator and former Tasmanian Minister
- Cheryl Chan, 2020 AALA Senior Lawyer of the Year and Director, Remotely Legal
- Tasneem Chopra OAM, Cross-cultural Consultant
- Remy Hii (actor, Neighbours, Crazy Rich Asians, Spider-Man: Far From Home)
- Celeste Shambrook, Senior Associate and Victorian Chair of the Cultural Diversity Network, Maurice Blackburn
- Sadhana Smiles, CEO, Real Estate Industry Partners and Director of Harcourts Move
- Shawn Wilkey, Director of Diversity and Inclusion, Australian Department of Defence
- Ken Woo, Partner, PwC
The Summit performers include:
- Ash & Simran Gulati, Team India Chefs, Plate of Origin
- Sami Shah, multi-award winning writer, comedian, journalist and broadcaster
- Hari Sivanesan, composer and multi-instrumentalist. Hari has played for the BBC and with George Harrison from The Beatles
For the full National Summit Program, please download here.
Hosting: The Summit will be hosted by CVENT. The CVENT platform will provide registrants a seamless Summit experience, providing registrants the opportunity to actively participate in the Summit’s discussions. The CVENT platform creates a dynamic and immersive experience, allowing registrants to connect with our Sponsors and Partners and network with fellow registrants. Participation in this way is optional and registrants are not required to participate or interact with the Summit, and will be welcomed to simply join and stream the Summit.
Our impressive Summit sponsors and partners will be announced soon! AALA is excited to bring to our guests this year's exciting line up of speakers, thought-leaders and sponsors. This is the second National Cultural Diversity Summit and we aim to deliver yet another engaging, challenging and fun experience!
Who is the Summit for?
AALA is throwing its doors wide open to the entire community and is giving all people, including students, policy-makers and practitioners, a chance to watch and participate in this conversation. The annual Summits are ideal for those who actively work in the legal industry in roles of management, human resourcing and reform and equally for those people who work in the wider community to promote and advocate for intersectional diversity and equal access to justice. The AALA National Summit is an ideal opportunity to expand your networks and ability to forge change.
Special thanks to our Summit Partners & Sponsors: