AALA welcomes you to join the College of Law Webinar on 21 October at 5.00pm AEDT: Careers in International Commercial Law: Arbitration, M&A, Cross-Border Transactions, Trade and Investment.
International law covers many global issues, such as commerce and trade, environmental management, human rights, and conflict resolution. International law practitioners work on a vast range of tasks, from brokering bilateral trade deals to helping to resolve disputes via arbitration or mediation.
This free webinar offers a chance to hear from the industry experts from Malaysia, the UK and the US on how to develop your skills to enhance your career opportunities in international law.
This webinar should interest many students and practitioners - not just those interested in pursuing careers overseas. The world is becoming a smaller place. Many local practitioners act for (or against) overseas clients or are involved in matters with an international connection.
Attend and learn:
- How experienced practitioners came to practice in international commercial law
- What does a day in your work life looks like
- Advice for lawyers looking to move into cross-border M&A and trade, or international arbitration
- The skills you need to practice international commercial law
- How to network and raise your profile
- Moderator: Wenee Yap, Legal Journalist, The College of Law (Sydney, Australia)
- Raphael Tay, Commercial Law Partner and Teaching Fellow, The College of Law (Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia)
- Martin Polaine, Barrister and Teaching Fellow, The College of Law (London, UK)
- Prof. Don Lewis, Teaching Fellow, The College of Law (San Francisco, USA)
Time Oct 21, 2021 05:00 PM in Canberra, Melbourne, Sydney
Link: please register at this link to attend the event.