TAS Branch Meeting 2022
The Tasmanian Branch of the Asian Australian Lawyers Association Inc. (the Association) gives notice of, and invites you to, the 2022 Tasmanian Branch Meeting of the Association (Tasmanian Branch Meeting). The Tasmanian Branch Meeting will be held:
Date: Friday, 25 November 2022
Time: 5:30 pm (Hobart Time)
Venue: Online via Zoom (the Zoom will be circulated 24 hours before the event)
The agenda for the Tasmanian Branch Meeting will be as follows:
- Credentialling of Branch Members eligible to vote
- Acknowledgment of Country and preliminary matters, including confirmation of the minutes of Tasmanian 2021 Branch Meeting.
- Branch President’s Report
- Branch Secretary’s Report
- Election of Officeholders
- Vote of thanks by Chairperson and Close
How to nominate
If you wish to join the TAS Branch Committee (as an ordinary Committee Member, Executive Committee Member or be part of our Subcommittees) you must complete and submit the Nomination Form.
Your nomination must be submitted by 5:30pm Wednesday 23 November 2022.
Ways to vote
1. Direct voting, as an eligible member.
2. Proxy voting, you must be an eligible member and submit your vote via an eligible member.
Eligible members have a current AALA Membership (and must not be an Associate Member) by midnight 10 November 2022, and your membership rights must not be suspended for any reason.
Proxy Forms must be submitted by 5:30pm Thursday 24 November 2022 by email or, in person before the beginning of the Branch Meeting.
Download the Proxy Form here.
- For complete Notice and details, read the TAS Notice here.
- TAS 2021 Branch Meeting Minutes here.
Please email to the returning officer:
Please note: if you would also like to hold a position on the National Executive of the AALA, you must attend and submit your nomination separately. The details of the National Executive AGM can be found on its own event registration page by returning to the 'Events' page of this website.